Quint and Rishy Studer’s $52 million mixed-use apartment development, currently under construction in downtown Pensacola, now has a name: Southtowne.
Studer Properties president Andrew Rothfeder made the announcement Thursday in a video message to those who have reserved one of the development’s 258 units. The name Southtowne, which Rothfeder said was submitted by a Studer employee, was chosen from among the nearly 700 names submitted.
Construction on Southtowne — located on a full city block formerly occupied by the Pensacola News Journal — began in May, with the first units set to be move-in ready by next summer. Studio apartments will start at $750 per month, while one-bedroom apartments will start at $1,100 per month. Two and three-bedroom units will be priced starting at $1,500 per month and $2,400 per month, respectively.
Each apartment will include free and unlimited access to a variety of amenities and shared spaces, including:
- Over 750 square feet of fitness space
- A 1,200 square-foot rooftop deck
- More than 2,500 square feet of indoor leisure space, including a resident lounge, game room, and club room
- An outdoor courtyard, heated pool, outdoor kitchen, and fire pit area which total over 20,000 square feet
- Over 1,000 square feet of business and meeting space, including a “cyber cafe” computer lounge
- Package delivery lockers
- Wi-fi in common areas
The entire campus will be pet-friendly and non-smoking, and each unit will boast hardwood-style flooring, granite countertops, and an in-unit washer and dryer, and will be equipped with USB charging ports and internet-TV ready connections.
“We are excited to have a name for the apartments,” Andrew Rothfeder, president of Studer Properties, said in a news release. “We are grateful for the help of our community, and we are thankful for such great support.”