The Association of Fundraising Professionals West Florida Chapter announced the winners of the 2017 National Philanthropy Day during its annual awards ceremony held Thursday in Pensacola.
The awards ceremony took place at the Pensacola Grand Hotel and was presented by Gulf Power Company and Ballpoint Communications Group.
Since 1986, AFP chapters across the globe have gathered to celebrate philanthropy through various National Philanthropy Day events, each as unique as the communities in which they take place.
The AFP called for nominations to recognize businesses, nonprofits organizations, and individuals who have made a significant impact in the community through philanthropic efforts.
- Carol Carlan — named Outstanding Fundraising Professional, an award designed for an outstanding individual fundraising professional who practices his or her profession in an exemplary manner.
- Madrina Ciano — named Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, presented to an individual with a proven track record of ongoing, significant commitment to fundraising for one or more organizations.
- Ambersley Foundation — named Outstanding Charitable Foundation, which recognizes a foundation whose grant programs reflect an understanding of community needs and support for local nonprofits in clear and powerful ways.
- Sunday’s Child — named Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year, recognizing a community-based organization whose grant programs, donations and charitable activities significantly enrich the community.
- Baptist Health Care — named Philanthropic Faith-Based Organization of the Year as an organization that gives of itself to motivate and support its members’ service-related efforts.
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union — named Philanthropic Corporation of the Year, an award that recognizes a corporation for its philanthropic impact in the community through direct and indirect support of charitable projects.
- Harold E. Marcus — named Philanthropist of the Year, which recognizes an individual or family for exceptional generosity and civic responsibility demonstrated by significant financial contributions to charitable organizations in the community.